Lára Rúnars’ unique indie pop-melodic dreamy sound broke into the Icelandic music industry in 2003, releasing her first album called Standing Still. Her collaborations throughout the years with other exceptional Icelandic artists like Iknorni, gained her popularity with the Icelandic audience. She has released her fifth album þel, meaning “toward,” a reflective, ominous yet upbeat set of songs. Her influences stem from strong female artists such as PJ Harvey, Nina Person, Björk and Bat for Lashes, which are also successful female artists that have endured the hardships of the misogynistic music industry. Rúnars will be playing Wednesday, November 2 at 8:00 PM at Nasa.
- Iceland Airwaves 2017 Daily Blog Eight (11/6) Iceland, You Make My Heart Skip a Beat
- Iceland Airwaves 2017 Daily Blog (11/6): Goodbye Iceland
- Iceland Airwaves 2017 Daily Blog (11/6): Beginnings/Endings
- Iceland Airwaves 2017 Daily Blog (11/6): The Final Chapter
- Iceland Airwaves 2017 Daily Blog Day Seven (11/6): The Bittersweet End