Lára Rúnars’ unique indie pop-melodic dreamy sound broke into the Icelandic music industry in 2003, releasing her first album called Standing Still. Her collaborations throughout the years with other exceptional Icelandic artists like Iknorni, gained her popularity with the Icelandic audience. She has released her fifth album þel, meaning “toward,” a reflective, ominous yet upbeat set of songs. Her influences stem from strong female artists such as PJ Harvey, Nina Person, Björk and Bat for Lashes, which are also successful female artists that have endured the hardships of the misogynistic music industry. Rúnars will be playing Wednesday, November 2 at 8:00 PM at Nasa.
- Listen To The Full Iceland Airwaves 2017 Radio Documentary
- Final Iceland Cultural Story: Universal Healthcare (LISTEN)
- Final Iceland Cultural Story: Climate Change on Glaciers (LISTEN)
- Final Iceland Cultural Story: Recycling and Waste Management (LISTEN)
- Final Iceland Cultural Story: Resources for Domestic Violence (LISTEN)